Pole Fitness is our most popular discipline and an incredible way of keeping fit. An exercise class with a mixture of dance, athleticism, movement and acrobatics performed on poles.
There is so much to learn in pole, including tricks, spins, poses, flow, drops, transitional moves, inversions and combos. It’s an all-over body workout, that strengthens and tones your entire body, develops your cardiovascular stamina, and increases your flexibility but most importantly it’s a lot of fun so you don’t realise how hard you’re working!
There’s something uniquely empowering about pole fitness, the strength and power you get from pole practice and the buzz you get from achieving new moves, its very addictive. It builds your confidence and is also a great way to improve your mental health; many students find that the concentration required in learning pole is very mindful.
We have various levels for pole fitness so be sure to book onto a class that is suited to your level:
- Beginners – these classes are for complete beginners, learn cool spins, transitions and tricks, how to climb and build strength for inverts each week.
- Improvers – this class is for students that have progressed from beginners and are now working towards the intermediate level. Students must be comfortable inverting to chopper and swallow before moving onto this level. Learn cool shapes, impressive tricks and build up strength.
- Intermediate – for intermediate level, students must be comfortable inverting and holding butterfly. Learn cool shapes, impressive tricks and simple combos in this class.
- Higher Intermediate / Advance Combos – this class is all about linking pole tricks together with interesting transitions into combos. Students must be comfortable holding ayesha and aerial inverting before moving onto this level.
- Advance Tricks & Flips – this class is for the beasty brave ones. Students must be strong in shoulder mounts and able to handspring and aerial invert before moving onto this level. Learn cool transitions, impressive tricks and how to flip off the pole safely.
- Mixed Ability – this class is open for all levels from beginners through to advance. Learn cool spins, transitions and tricks specifically tailored for you.
When attending these classes, please ensure no jewellery is worn. It is advised to wear elasticated shorts and a vest or t-shirt top. No shoes are required as the class will be taught with bare feet.
As well as our classes we offer private sessions in all our skills as 1-1’s, small groups, larger groups and party bookings for birthdays and hen parties.
We have six fixed poles in our main studio, two of which are a staggering 5m high, one at 4m and the other three are 3.2m high, and also three stages poles all with a mix of 40mm and 45mm diameter and they can be set to static or spin.
Notes: age restrictions apply on some classes so please check the description on the class when booking.